On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 14:13 +0200, Krister Jarl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a question regarding Yxa and TCP.
>
> Yxa sends an INVITE using a previously established TCP-connection to a
> remote destination. However, the remote destination closes the
> connection just after the INVITE has been sent out, resulting in the
> RST-flag being set in the TCP-packet to Yxa.
>
> Since no retransmissions are carried out over TCP this results in a
> temporary blacklist of that destination.
>
> What's your opinion regarding this, should this be corrected at the
> other end or should Yxa detect this and retransmit?

I don't know how this line between application and TCP stack is usually
drawn. If the TCP layer says the sending failed, YXA should treat it as
a transport error and probably resend using UDP.

Is there a general race condition in what a sender sends and a receiver
receives when the receiver closes a TCP connection? I don't know...

/Fredrik