On 23 sep 2009, at 18.04, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

> Is type of blacklisting used in SIP devices and/or documented in any
> draft or similar?

I don't think so.

>> 3) if something record at the given domain name, reject the call with
>> '603 Decline'
>>

> I don't agree with this reponse code. It needs to be configurable or
> of
> type 4xx, because 6xx is harmful I think.

possibly, 603 Decline means:

   "The callee's machine was successfully contacted but the user
    explicitly does not wish to or cannot participate.  The response MAY
    indicate a better time to call in the Retry-After header field.
This
    status response is returned only if the client knows that no other
    end point will answer the request."

perhaps 488 Not Acceptable Here is more appropriate, but I'm note
sure. but I agree it should be configurable.

        jakob