>Will they play on a DTS equipped DVD player?

Yea, as long as there's a DTS decoder somewhere in the chain, whether it's
in the DVD player itself, or built into the reciever. There's two kinds of
DTS DVD players. One kind will pass the DTS signal digitaly through its
optical output to a receiver that has a DTS decoder built into it. There's
also some DVD players that have the actual DTS decoder built into the
player. They will pass 6 or more analog channels directly to your receiver.
I know you didn't ask for this but, if you are in the market for a new DVD
player, it would be wise to get a combo DVD player. These things will play
the new DVD Audio, SACD, and the DTS discs. Some of them are fairly cheap,
hear's a link to a Pioneer at Best Buy for $130.

Anyway, I would highly recomend getting your 5.1 system set up, they are
lots of fun. There are LOTS of Quad DTS transfers out there, of some really
great classic rock. You haven't lived until you have heard Edgar Winter's
Frankenstein swirling around your room.