The credits mention that Bunk plays "electric-depending" woodwinds at
times - this is one of those, I think, since it produces tones in two
or three different octaves at once.  He also plays this for a few
seconds on "Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme", btw.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "SOFA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "The Gardiner Varieties"; I'd wager that it's Bunk playing Bassoon
that's tickling your fancy so...
> SOFA

King
>   > > Kong ever)
>   > >
>   > > It says "It consists of a brief set of composed sequences
which
>   > are
>   > > then followed by extensive improvising.  This beautiful set
of
>   > > descending sequences is in 3/4 time and in Dorian mode."  Now
>   > want
>   > > to hear it again!!
>   > >
>   > > But what IS that sound?  It's so funky...
>   > >
>   > > Thanks for the compliments on my site!  I had forgotten all
>   about
>   > > it...  It's been a while since I've made any updates to it...
>   > >
>   > > Kelly
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > --- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, chris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   > > wrote:
>   > > > Which version of King Kong do you refer to? The Uncle Meat
>   > version?
>   > > > Chris
>   > > > PS Nice web site ye have Kelly!
>   > > >
>   > > > Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   > > > Hey all.
>   > > >
>   > > > What instrumention does FZ use in King Kong?  We were
debating
>   > > this
>   > > > last night, thought it might be a wind instrument.  But it
>   > sounds
>   > > > electronic to me.  Not like an EWI though, more like a
>   > > synthesizer.
>   > > > Or a muted baritone sax, or even (gasp!) a bassoon...  But
>   that
>   > > thing
>   > > > goes so low at one point, I'm sure it's no wind
instrument...
>   > > >
>   > > > Any thoughts?
>   > > >
>   > > > K
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > > For further Z-related fun, please visit
>   > http://www.thebignote.com
>   > > or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > > ---------------------------------
>   > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > >     Visit your group "Zappa-List" on the web.
>   > > >
>   > > >     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   > > >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   > > >
>   > > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms