Ok then perhaps I do know of one that it isn’t working for. It is designed for 2000 and or XP. I’m starting to wonder if perhaps you have a hardware problem. I’ve certainly worn out a few burners in the last few years. Not really worn out as much as they seemed to have circuitry failures. New ones are dirt cheap any more in fact for just a few dollars more a DVD CD combo burner can be had. All this may only be true for desktop models.
Before condemning your drive though make sure you have DMA (direct memory access) enabled. This is usually enabled but sometimes gets turned off somehow. This is how you can check and turn it on if it’s off
1. Right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button.
3. Open the devices under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
4. For the Primary IDE Channel and the Secondary IDE Channel, double-click the device to display its properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Ensure that the Current Transfer Mode is DMA or Ultra DMA, not PIO Onlychange it if necessary.
7. Apply the changes and re-start Windows.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Downloaded the newest version, but it didn't work for me.
- RE: [Zappa-List] Nero help needed Jim L
- Re: [Zappa-List] Nero help needed mr_and_mrs_skull