I had a modem go out a couple of weeks ago but was still able to get out the GTO's to Paul and Das Genie to John K..  I stopped signing up for vines until I cut down on the confusion.  I am on for one now (Thing-Fish tapes), and would like the Manchester 79 (was trying to watch the US vine), but still have yet to receive the SNL/Mudd Club DVD (as a non-burner, I was last on the vine) and the Fillmore 14 Nov 70/Hariburg PA 29 Oct 74 I was in line for.  (If anyone knows the status of these two, please comment.)  Big personal issues, I understand, but a note would be nice.

Joseph
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] vines

Well, then it looks as if delay is not the issue here then. But it sure does suck when you wait so long on a vine that you begin to accept the fact that you might not ever receive it. MITB comes to mind for me on this one.

Mr. Skull
Personally I don’t mind a delay. Especially if the person sends a post to the list explaining it. It’s the vines that just stop. I really don’t know were all this has happened. Ok I think I know about a couple of recent ones. I just know that out of the several vines I’ve started over the last 6 to 12 months only one or two seem to have completed to the point that someone posts a message saying they were last. I’ve never even been affected much by diapering vines because I seldom sign up to receive one. More often it’s just that I’ve acquired something that I think is more than worth sharing and so I start one.

Personals Fun family vacation Fun ride
Family fun Fun christmas gift Fun apron