This is what I remember from an LP review a long time ago:

Bird of peace is from Woodshock, a humorous tribute to Woodstock.
Nothing to do with Zappa or Dylan, but imitators having a bit of fun.

The song itself is supposed to be the festival encore with everybody
on stage, and it features Neil Young (Bird of peace, flying high, so I
took my gun and shot it), Dean Martin (too pissed to sing, all you
hear is clinking bottles), Bee Gees (the vibrato way up) and many others.

Black Sabbath is also featured on the album, but the song stops short
because they kill themselves (or was it just the singer suiciding...)

So there.  I tried to google for more info, no luck.

--- In, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm... Conflicting info:
> But, I would think that if a satirical track did exist with the
'band imitating the above artists', we'd know about it. I've never
heard of the website that displays this, tho' it is obviously a Dylan
> My experience with Dylan fans extends only to my best friend, who
mirrors my FZ rabidity in his enthusiasm for "His Bobship".
> He is not nearly into the trivial minutia that I associate with FZ
fans... So I wouldn't be stunned if the Dylan site had the facts
slightly askew...
> My experience with boots is: this could well be an "Unreleased
session with Neil Young, The Band, George Harrison, Frank Sinatra,
Dean Martin, Leonard Cohen and The Bee Gees", with no Zappa or Dylan
involvement whatsoever...
> Who to believe?
the fist side is all Bob Dylan and the other side is a Zappa show but
it lists a bizarre song called Bird Of Peace. I heave the 2/21/79 show
where it says these are from and the Overture must be the intro sound
effects and music from that show but nothing sounds the the Bird
title. Anyone know?
>    Here's the details
>   Side two:
>   ZAPPA
>   Bird of peace
>   Overture
>   Intro
>   Dead girls of London
>   Brown shoes
>   Jumbo, go away
>   Bird Of Peace is an oddity. "Unreleased session with Neil Young,
The Band, George Harrison, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Leonard Cohen
and The Bee Gees". This one is in fact not a Dylan track, but a Zappa
one. Frank and his band mates imitate the voices  of the above artists.
>   All Zappa tracks were recorded live in Bruxelles Feb. 21, 1979 at
Vorst National
>   Matt

    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]