I decided to go for the 4CD version (from G&SMusic).
I realise what it will cost to get the 2CD version if I decide I really must
have those missing 20+ minutes and at the moment I'm not tempted.
Mofo 2CD currently figures behind FZPTMOFZ in my "maybe get someday - if the
price is right" list.
I'm sure that if I'd got Mofo 2CD before the 4CD then I'd have regretted it.
Maybe that helps....
From: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of chris
Sent: 22 January 2007 14:56
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Mofo 4cd or 2cd?
Thanks to the Zappateers...here's what someone has to say...
A job I've made for myself. Maybe somebody will find it usefull (or
completely useless, as it is, but still worth). Correction/additions are
L indicates that the track is exclusive to the little MOFO
B indicates that the track is available in both versions of MOFO (timing
may slighty change between L & B MOFO but there is no content difference
except where noted)
The complete "original 1966 vinyl stereo mix" of Freak Out!
Both on big and little MOFO (the two discs seems identical except for the
art work: same picture but the big is on white, the little is on yellow,
also the asterisk after the 1 is bigger on the little one)
Mono Mix / Single edit
- How Could I Be Such A Fool (2:13) L
- Trouble Every Day (2:39)
- Who Are The Brain Police (3:26) L
note: while big MOFO booklet states that Trouble Every Day is the single
edit, nothing is said about How Could I Be Such A Fool and Who Are The Brain
Police in the little one: possibly the mono versions and the single edits
where the same?
- Anyway The Wind Blows (2:48)
- Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (3:43)
- How Could I Be Such A Fool (2:24)
- Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:28) L
- I Ain't Got No Heart (2:36) B
- Trouble Every Day (7:11) B
- Who Are The Brain Police (3:42)
- You Didn't Try To Call Me (3:01) B
- You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here (3:40)
alla tracks instrumental except Trouble Every Day
all tracks mono except I Ain't Got No Heart and You Didn't Try To Call Me
Vocal overdub takes
- Anyway The Wind Blows (2:54)
- Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (3:46) B
- Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:47)
- I Ain't Got No Heart (2:37)
- I'm Not Satisfied (2:38)
- Motherly Love (3:09) B
- You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here (1:58)
all tracks mono
You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here is a edit of two incomplete takes
Outtakes, alternate takes and Zappa edits
- Groupie Bang Bang (3:51)*
- Who Are The Brain Police (1:16)*
(both mixed by Joe Travers)
- Suzy Creamcheese (Hold On To Your Small Tiny Horsies... ) (2:08)*
- Help I'm A Rock (d2t16) (5:48)
- Watts Riots Demo / Fillmore Sequence (2:07) L - only the first part of
the track is really unique to the little MOFO
- Freaking Out Jam (Freak Out Zilophone) (3:00) L
- Freaking Out Percussion (Freak Out Drum Track w/ Timp. & Lion) (4:04) B
- Freaking Out Percussion (Perussion Object 1 & 2) (6:01)
- Freaking Out Percussion (Lion Roar & Drums From Freak Out) (5:36)
for these edits/mixes no date is given, so I assume they were made soon
after the sessions
all track are said to be mono except the ones with *
Raw segments from the freaking out jam
- Object (4:32)
- Freak Tim (5:14)
- Percussion Insert Session Snoop (3:18) (percussion only)
- Vito Rocks The Floor (6:09)
- Low Budget Rock & Roll Band (2:14) B (on the little MOFO this contains
also the last 30 secs of Vito Rocks The Floor)
note: all tracks mono
Live from the Fillmore West, San Francisco, 25 June 1966
- Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (2:31) partial
- Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:37)
- I'm Not Satisfied (2:53)
- Motherly Love (3:12)
- You Didn't Try To Call Me (4:06)
all tracks mono
short segments of You Didn't Try To Call Me and Go Cry On Somebody Else's
Shoulder are available also in the little MOFO in Watts Riots Demo /
Zappa later edit/remix
from Mothermania (1969)
- It Can't Happen Here (3:19)
- Help I'm A Rock (4:43) L
- Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:37)
- It Can't Happen Here (3:58) L
- Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet (Cream Cheese) (8:18) - contains
also a 22s segment from a 93 interview
- Who Are The Brain Police (4:32)
- Wowie Zowie (3:02)
- Anyway The Wind Blows (2:51) B
- Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:33)
- Who Are The Brain Police (3:39)
note: all tracks stereo
- 8 from 1967 (aprox 17min)
- 1 from 1971 (5:49)
- 3 from 1986 (aprox 3:30) - two of them are also available on the little
- 4 from 1993 (aprox 6min) - plus a short segment in Cream Cheese (see
Also note that Any Way The Wind Blows is always written Anyway The Wind
Blows except for the '87 remix
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a word, yes.
How much is up for you to decide; it's more than a matter of seconds...
PS At this point in time, I own neither...
----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:49 PM
Subject: [Zappa-List] Mofo 4cd or 2cd?
Just curious if I went with the 4 cd version over the 2 disc one would
I be missing anything?
"Music is The Best!"
/ `--'( ,,,
<  ////////|:::)
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.