Thanks for the breakdon on this. Looks like 4 cd is the one to get
first. Any idea who has the best price on it?

Matt

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Les Watts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I decided to go for the 4CD version (from G&SMusic).
> I realise what it will cost to get the 2CD version if I decide I
really must
> have those missing 20+ minutes and at the moment I'm not tempted.
> Mofo 2CD currently figures behind FZPTMOFZ in my "maybe get
someday - if the
> price is right" list.
> I'm sure that if I'd got Mofo 2CD before the 4CD then I'd have
regretted it.
> Maybe that helps....
> Les.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Behalf Of chris
>   Sent: 22 January 2007 14:56
>   To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
>   Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Mofo 4cd or 2cd?
>

>   Thanks to the Zappateers...here's what someone has to say...
>
>   A job I've made for myself. Maybe somebody will find it usefull
(or
> completely useless, as it is, but still worth).
Correction/additions are
> very welcome!
>
>   L indicates that the track is exclusive to the little MOFO
>   B indicates that the track is available in both versions of MOFO
(timing
> may slighty change between L & B MOFO but there is no content
difference
> except where noted)
>
>   The complete "original 1966 vinyl stereo mix" of Freak Out!
>   Both on big and little MOFO (the two discs seems identical except
for the
> art work: same picture but the big is on white, the little is on
yellow,
> also the asterisk after the 1 is bigger on the little one)
>
>   Mono Mix / Single edit
>
>   - How Could I Be Such A Fool (2:13) L
>   - Trouble Every Day (2:39)
>   - Who Are The Brain Police (3:26) L
>
>   note: while big MOFO booklet states that Trouble Every Day is the
single
> edit, nothing is said about How Could I Be Such A Fool and Who Are
The Brain
> Police in the little one: possibly the mono versions and the single
edits
> where the same?
>
>   Basic tracks
>
>   - Anyway The Wind Blows (2:48)
>   - Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (3:43)
>   - How Could I Be Such A Fool (2:24)
>   - Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:28) L
>   - I Ain't Got No Heart (2:36) B
>   - Trouble Every Day (7:11) B
>   - Who Are The Brain Police (3:42)
>   - You Didn't Try To Call Me (3:01) B
>   - You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here (3:40)
>
>   note:
>   alla tracks instrumental except Trouble Every Day
>   all tracks mono except I Ain't Got No Heart and You Didn't Try To
Call Me

*

>   - Help I'm A Rock (d2t16) (5:48)
>   - Watts Riots Demo / Fillmore Sequence (2:07) L - only the first
part of
> the track is really unique to the little MOFO
>
>   - Freaking Out Jam (Freak Out Zilophone) (3:00) L
>   - Freaking Out Percussion (Freak Out Drum Track w/ Timp. & Lion)
(4:04) B
>   - Freaking Out Percussion (Perussion Object 1 & 2) (6:01)
>   - Freaking Out Percussion (Lion Roar & Drums From Freak Out)
(5:36)

>   note:
>   for these edits/mixes no date is given, so I assume they were
made soon
> after the sessions
>   all track are said to be mono except the ones with *
>
>   Raw segments from the freaking out jam
>
>   - Object (4:32)
>   - Freak Tim (5:14)
>   - Percussion Insert Session Snoop (3:18) (percussion only)
>   - Vito Rocks The Floor (6:09)
>   - Low Budget Rock & Roll Band (2:14) B (on the little MOFO this
contains
> also the last 30 secs of Vito Rocks The Floor)
>
>   note: all tracks mono
>
>   Live from the Fillmore West, San Francisco, 25 June 1966
>
>   - Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (2:31) partial
>   - Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:37)
>   - I'm Not Satisfied (2:53)
>   - Motherly Love (3:12)
>   - You Didn't Try To Call Me (4:06)
>
>   note:
>   all tracks mono
>   short segments of You Didn't Try To Call Me and Go Cry On
Somebody Else's
> Shoulder are available also in the little MOFO in Watts Riots Demo /
> Fillmore Sequence
>
>   Zappa later edit/remix
>
>   from Mothermania (1969)
>   - It Can't Happen Here (3:19)
>
>   from 1970
>   - Help I'm A Rock (4:43) L
>   - Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:37)
>   - It Can't Happen Here (3:58) L
>   - Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet (Cream Cheese) (8:18) -
contains
> also a 22s segment from a 93 interview
>   - Who Are The Brain Police (4:32)
>   - Wowie Zowie (3:02)
>
>   from 1987
>   - Anyway The Wind Blows (2:51) B
>   - Hungry Freaks Daddy (3:33)
>   - Who Are The Brain Police (3:39)
>
>   note: all tracks stereo
>
>   Interview segments
>
>   - 8 from 1967 (aprox 17min)
>   - 1 from 1971 (5:49)
>   - 3 from 1986 (aprox 3:30) - two of them are also available on
the little
> MOFO
>   - 4 from 1993 (aprox 6min) - plus a short segment in Cream Cheese
(see
> above)
>
>   ----
>
>   Also note that Any Way The Wind Blows is always written Anyway
The Wind
> Blows except for the '87 remix
>

>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>     In a word, yes.
>     How much is up for you to decide; it's more than a matter of
seconds...
>     SOFA
>
>     PS At this point in time, I own neither...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: