From: michael.kenyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:michael.kenyon%40torque.net.au>>
To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zappa-List%40yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 1:09 am
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] VO "LATHER" [4CD] BOX SET [FLAC] [US VINE]

Is this now a US-only vine? Should foreigners join the euro-vine?

If not the vine should be something like this (Joe in NZ and max in OZ
added to the end)

Rick N (US) << Craig S (US) << Bri-zav_sto (US) << John G in K (US) <<
SOFA (US) << Robert S (US) << Steve Marshall (US) << Andrew Wissing
(US)
<< Agostino P. (USA) << Mark M (US) << Matt S (US) << Dawayne Bailey
(US) << Joe Boden (NZ) << Max S (OZ) << ??

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Nokeating4%40aol.com> wrote:

> With many thanks to John G (UK version) for starting and sending this
> one out to me.
> I'm now sending it off to Rick N.
> Revised order below.
>
> John K
>
> Rick N (US) << Craig S (US) << Bri-zav_sto (US) << John G in K (US) <<
> SOFA (US) << Robert S (US) << Steve Marshall (US) << Andrew Wissing
> (US) << Agostino P. (USA) << Mark M (US) << Matt S (US) << Dawayne
> Bailey (US) << ???

> Frank Zappa - The Lather Box
>
> 4 cd bootleg box set ripped directly from original promo Lather lp's.
> Discs are indexed by sides, as in disc 1 has two tracks, side a and
> side b.
>
> I left the indexing like this because this is how Frank intended the
> record to be heard, hence all the interludes inbetween the tracks.
>
> The back of the box states that "I'm taken from the original tapes,
> which have been digitally remastered, denoised, declicked, decrackled,
> but NOT de Frankt: You won't find any overdubs or beer on the tape:ah
> ceedee."
>
> In my opinion, this version sounds best, but it is true that this is
> now presented in the original 4 lp running order, on 4 cds, and this
> SHOULD be listened to - as lp sides and not indexed tracks.
>
> Spit it out "LAAAAAAAATHHHHEEERRRRRR!"
>
> Please don't reindex this with the marks of the official version, this
> is the lp version, and besides, you better already own the official
> version if you are reading this! This is only for collectors and for
> share, and is meant to be the 3rd part of lather, along with the
> official release and the radio show when FZ played this material to us
> fans for free.
>
> Ripped with EAC directly from the original silver cds, no altering at
> all, then compressed with flac level 8, gaps do not matter as the lp
> sides are individual tracks.
>
> Enjoy.

23/06/2008
7:16 PM