  From: michael.kenyon
  To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] VO "LATHER" [4CD] BOX SET [FLAC] [US VINE]

  Actually, I've taken a look at the Euro-vine and I think I'll get onto then
end of that one if they'll accept me. I'm itching to get my hands this one.

  Vine will now be:

  Rick N (US) << Craig S (US) << Bri-zav_sto (US) << John G in K (US) <<
  SOFA (US) << Robert S (US) << Steve Marshall (US) << Andrew Wissing
  (US) << Agostino P. (USA) << Mark M (US) << Matt S (US) << Dawayne Bailey
  (US) << Joe Boden (NZ) << ??

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

    If Joe and Max are still part of the US Vine, My apologies.
    I was thinking they were part of the Euro-Vine.
    Didn't mean to drop anyone - Thanks for catching it!

    John K

    Rick N (US) << Craig S (US) << Bri-zav_sto (US) << John G in K (US) <<
    SOFA (US) << Robert S (US) << Steve Marshall (US) << Andrew Wissing
    (US)
    << Agostino P. (USA) << Mark M (US) << Matt S (US) << Dawayne Bailey
    (US) << Joe Boden (NZ) << Max S (OZ) << ??

    Is this now a US-only vine? Should foreigners join the euro-vine?

    If not the vine should be something like this (Joe in NZ and max in OZ
    added to the end)

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

    > With many thanks to John G (UK version) for starting and sending this
    > one out to me.
    > I'm now sending it off to Rick N.
    > Revised order below.
    >
    > John K
    >
    > Rick N (US) << Craig S (US) << Bri-zav_sto (US) << John G in K (US) <<
    > SOFA (US) << Robert S (US) << Steve Marshall (US) << Andrew Wissing
    > (US) << Agostino P. (USA) << Mark M (US) << Matt S (US) << Dawayne
    > Bailey (US) << ???

    > Frank Zappa - The Lather Box
    >
    > 4 cd bootleg box set ripped directly from original promo Lather lp's.
    > Discs are indexed by sides, as in disc 1 has two tracks, side a and
    > side b.
    >
    > I left the indexing like this because this is how Frank intended the
    > record to be heard, hence all the interludes inbetween the tracks.
    >
    > The back of the box states that "I'm taken from the original tapes,
    > which have been digitally remastered, denoised, declicked, decrackled,
    > but NOT de Frankt: You won't find any overdubs or beer on the tape:ah
    > ceedee."
    >
    > In my opinion, this version sounds best, but it is true that this is
    > now presented in the original 4 lp running order, on 4 cds, and this
    > SHOULD be listened to - as lp sides and not indexed tracks.
    >
    > Spit it out "LAAAAAAAATHHHHEEERRRRRR!"
    >
    > Please don't reindex this with the marks of the official version, this
    > is the lp version, and besides, you better already own the official
    > version if you are reading this! This is only for collectors and for
    > share, and is meant to be the 3rd part of lather, along with the
    > official release and the radio show when FZ played this material to us
    > fans for free.
    >
    > Ripped with EAC directly from the original silver cds, no altering at
    > all, then compressed with flac level 8, gaps do not matter as the lp
    > sides are individual tracks.
    >
    > Enjoy.

    23/06/2008
    7:16 PM