In a message dated 12/2/2008 10:51:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Was this not the result of Steve Vai's transcriptions? Or did FZ poot forth
some of his own work in those books?
Milhouse?

Well, since you asked... ;c)

This is just what I recall from reading various things but there were one or
two of these books of transcriptions in the 70s that I believe were produced
with input from FZ, esp. as evidenced in some of the amusing annotations (like
the "Little Deuce Coup" / "she's a dirty young mind, corrupted corroded"
section of "Brown Shoes" annotated tempo de Beach Boys).

I would bet afka.net would have something about them, they have a pretty good
listing of books by and about FZ and a huge collection of print interviews.

--Milhouse
AOL.com.