Hello folks,

https://github.com/FiloSottile/powersoftau is a fully independent
implementation of Powers of Tau. It is written in Go, shares no code with the
main Rust implementation, and uses the RELIC library for BLS12-381.

I used it for my contribution, but for it to be truly valuable to the security
of the MPC ceremony more people need to run it, including in more secure
settings than my laptop.

The README includes build instructions. If there are any problems feel free to
open an issue on GitHub or email me.

To enable people to run both implementations there's a -next option to generate
the next challenge file while computing the response. This is much faster than
running verify_transform as it doesn't do verification and it doesn't have to
decompress points.

You should assume that secret material will be left in memory, and protect
against side channels, just like with the Rust implementation.

_o/