On Mon, 4 May 2015 17:22:34 +0200, Sebastian Ramacher <sebasti...@pwmt.org>
wrote:

> On 2015-05-04 12:10:58, Alessandro Pezzoni wrote:
> > Hi all, I found a pdf [1] (214K) that doesn't render properly with the
> > poppler
> > plugin (the text looks quite "grainy") -- tested with git version
> > 0.2.5.2.gc95b805 in zathura git version 0.3.3.3.g3032771, both latest at the
> > time of writing, and poppler version 0.32.0.
> >
> > I'm attaching screenshots of the abstract of [1] rendered by zathura with
> > the
> > poppler and mupdf plugins. I'm also attaching a screenshot rendered with the
> > Firefox internal pdf viewer, for reference, because with mupdf the
> > characters
> > are slightly misaligned (both with the zatura plugin and the stand-alone
> > viewer).
> >
> > Can we do something about this or should I report the bug upstream?
>
> Does it render correctly with other poppler based viewers (like evince or
> okular)? If not, this should be reported to the poppler developers.

This is odd... with evince it renders like with the poppler plugin, while with
flaxpdf it renders like in mupdf. They were both compiled against the same
version of poppler, though evince came from the Arch repositories and I
compiled flaxpdf myself. I didn't try okular because I would prefer not to pull
all those KDE dependencies...

What does this mean?

Best wishes,
AP