---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Adami <andrea.ad...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Subject: [RFC] Zaurus: make updater.sh obsolete for poodle, clamshells and tosa
To: openembedded-de...@lists.openembedded.org

Reading the post about gnu-tar I remember we talked about a new way to
install 2.6 kernels and images on Zaurus.

Well, there are very good reasons to make this now obsolete:
- we can flash from console (2.6 userspace)
- we have a different image-layout (kernel in /boot), thus we can boot
from every hd partition
- we can create jffs2 images (see Narcissus) and flash these from
console, without striping the legacy headers. We can even have 2
images in nand

My idea would be:

-refactor updater.sh and flash only kernels
-provide an updater script

An example of the commands on c7x0 (see
http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~rimemoon/zaurus/pic/nandmap.jpg):

Kernel:
nandlogical /dev/mtd1 WRITE 0x0E0000 0x140000 zImage.bin

Rootfs:
flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd2
nandwrite /dev/mtd2 rootfs.jffs2

Optionally: