Hi Mike,

Yes, this has been thought about a little before I'm sure. It's
quite possible to orient edges during the 3rd or even 2nd pair, but
therein lie a couple of problems (at least problems I haven't worked
out a strategy for yet!)

Firstly, because when coming to the 3rd pair, you have 2 unsolved
pairs, it's quite difficult to spot exactly the orientation of the
edges, and which edges if any need to be affected. Sometimes it's
can look like you have no good edges, and so you might insert a pair
R' F R F', but the situation was such that it didn't really help
matters, because you may have flipped one edge while unflipping

Also, if you try to flip edges during the 2nd pair, it gets
increasingly hard to make sure to not undo in the 3rd pair what you
have made good in the 2nd pair :)

I would love to hear ideas on this.

Dan :)

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Mike Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> There are 306 cases for the ZBF2L.
> What if we could try orienting the edges early?
> I know Dan Harris has been playing around with orienting the edges
at the
> very beginning of the solve, but what about during the other 3
pairs?  There
> has to be some sort of definite system we can use to accomplish
this in much
> fewer moves/easier recognition than the way we do now.
> If we could somehow pass the burden from the fourth pair alone to
the other
> three pairs, it could make things much easier for the fourth.
Right now,