Remco wrote:
How does this affect the zd1211 rewrite ?

wireless-dev is the cutting edge tree, wireless-2.6 is the current one.

It will be at least several months before the stuff in wireless-dev can be considered for mainline.

zd1211rw will be submitted for inclusion in wireless-2.6 very soon, which will hopefully result in 2.6.18 inclusion.

I'm not sure how easy it is to port from softmac to devicescape, but in terms of how it affects us: it will make ad-hoc connectivity possible (I think?), and master mode (via hostapd) too.