On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Remco wrote:

> Excerpt from the netdev list:
>
> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 22:20, John W. Linville wrote:
> > ...  I am also happy to accept patches for new drivers or for
> > porting ieee80211+softmac-based drivers to the d80211 stack.
> >
> > There was a surprising amount of agreement that we should be marching
> > toward the use of the Devicescape stack.  That means that this tree
> > is the future. Let's get it whipped into shape!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
>
> How does this affect the zd1211 rewrite ?

We will certainly use the descape stack in the future. Currently
we are concentrating on providing a driver, which works well in
infrastucture mode with a current kernel.org-kernel. There are
still some things to do: regulatory domain support, power
calibration, rate management before we can go in the kernel. If
that's done, we can concentrate on supporting the descape stack.
Providing both stacks shouldn't be to difficult, the bcm driver
does actually that.

But if you can't wait for so long, feel free to go wild. We are
accepting patches. (I would however prefer to pull commits from
git trees.)

Cheers,

Uli

--