Mauro Pagano wrote:

> Hi Uli,
> I cannot create eth1 manually (no such device) while wlan0 is recognized
> with wireless  extensions.
> Regards
> Mauro

Mauro, please simply load the module, plug the device in and call iwconfig.
Here is the output on my computer:

$ iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

Warning: Driver for device eth0 has been compiled with version 20
of Wireless Extension, while this program supports up to version 19.
Some things may be broken...

eth0      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:off/any  Nickname:"Broadcom 4318"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Invalid
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

eth1      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

eth2      802.11g zd1211  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Invalid

Obviously eth2 is the zd1211 device. It needs to be configured, I
do it currently the following way:

# ifconfig eth2 <host-ip>
# route add default gw <router>
# iwconfig eth2 essid <ESSID> rate <speed>
# ifconfig eth2 up
# iwconfig eth2 mode managed

BTW I'm currently connected doing it this way.

Regards,

Uli

--
Uli Kunitz - [EMAIL PROTECTED]