(re-ordered previous top-posting)

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 10:03:33AM +0200, Hans wrote:
> ye on Redhat based distros its called dhcpcd (I think it stands for dhcp
> client daemon)

It's not a different name - they are actually wo alternative applications.
See http://developer.berlios.de/projects/dhcpcd/
And http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/dhcp/

-Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world