On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > I am using the driver for my regular internet access, and the connection
> > seems to be unstable. Could we, perhaps, get some diagnostics from the
> > driver / softmac layer? Currently as the connection breaks there are no
> > messages... Would be extremely useful for debugging... Not a debugging mode
> > printing a line in every function, but only in error cases?
>
> There is a debugging option in the kernel configuration which should provide
> enough information for reports like this to be useful. It would be worthwhile
> enabling softmac debugging too.

You mean these 2 options:

# CONFIG_IEEE80211_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE80211_SOFTMAC_DEBUG is not set

? The problem with them is - they are called "full debugging", which
usually means "noisy all the time" up to "unuseable because of debugging
overhead". No, haven't tried yet, could try, but I'd need debug level 0 -
only report in error cases. I cannot "just test", I use it and from time
to time such situations occur. Or is there such a mode already?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski