Ulrich,

In other words, you are saying that the device driver drops the
corrupted packets based on the value of an error flag?

--clw

On 7/31/06, Ulrich Kunitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 06-07-31 02:56 Clifton Watson wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have a question regarding the ZyDAS ZD1211 driver.  Are the packets
> > containing CRC errors dropped by the firmware or driver?  I would
> > greatly appreciate your help.  Thanks.
>
> The CRC is computed on the device, but the packet is sent to the
> host with the error flag set and is then dropped, but this gives
> the host the possibility to update its statistics and change
> parameters. I'm not aware of any way to switch the behaviour off.
>
> --
> Uli Kunitz

Clifton L. Watson, Ph.D. Candidate
Michigan State University
Wireless and Video Communications Laboratory
3214 Engineering Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
<http://www.egr.msu.edu/waves>