The driver doesn't need to compute the CRC again.  I just wanted to
know if the firmware is passing the corrupted packets to the driver
(letting it drop the packets) instead of dropping them itself.

--clw

On 8/1/06, Ulrich Kunitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 06-07-31 21:43 Clifton Watson wrote:
>
> > Ulrich,
> >
> > In other words, you are saying that the device driver drops the
> > corrupted packets based on the value of an error flag?
> >
> > --clw
>
> Yes, just look at zd1205_validate_frame() in the vendor driver.
> We are doing it in zd1211rw in fill_rx_stats(). Why should the
> driver compute the CRC again, if the device is doing that already?
>
> --
> Uli Kunitz

Clifton L. Watson, Ph.D. Candidate
Michigan State University
Wireless and Video Communications Laboratory
3214 Engineering Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
<http://www.egr.msu.edu/waves>