gerryst wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm running a vanilla 2.6.18-rc2 on a Gentoo box with some Zydas chip WLAN
> USB stick.
>
> I had some problems with previous kernels and updated to give the rw driver
> a try.
>
> somehow the zd1211rw module can't be loaded. This is what dmesg says on
> bootup:
>
> usb_init()
> kobject_add failed for zd1211rw with -EEXIST, don't try to register things
> with the same name in the same directory.

This is a user error. You have either done the following or something
similar:

You compiled a kernel with zd1211rw built directly into the kernel (Y).
You then booted into this kernel.

You modified your kernel configuration to make zd1211rw a module (M).
You built and installed the zd1211rw.ko module file.
You did not rebuild the kernel image, or maybe you did rebuild the
kernel image but you forgot to reboot into the new kernel image where
zd1211rw is not inbuilt, or something like that.

You then tried to load the zd1211rw.ko module, and things went bad
because you were still using a kernel which included zd1211rw in the image.