On 06-08-12 01:46 Patrick Simmons wrote:

> Hello everyone.  I have been using this driver successfully for sometime
> with an IA-32 machine, and it has worked very well for me.
>
> However, I have recently come to possess a Sun Ultra 5.  I installed
> Linux (Splack tree-10.1), added a PCI USB card (NEC chipset, works fine
> with everything in 1.1 mode), and attempted to compile and load the r83
> version of this driver.

Hi Patrick,

have you ever thought about using the rewritten driver?

Please look at http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/DriverRewrite.

It works on a number of architectures including PPC32 (big-endian) and
x86-64 (64 bit). We would love to hear about experiences with the
SPARC. There might be issues with alignment, SPARC doesn't support
unaligned memory accesses. I have tried to avoid them, but you
cannot know until you have tested it.

Have fun,

Uli