Getting strange firmware errors when inserting device after zd1211rw is
loaded. Firmware files from same snapshot are properly installed in
/lib/firmware/zd1211

Most of the time, I get this error. At seemingly random times, I get a
proper firmware load and things work beautifully after that. Kernel is
2.6.18-rc2 with suspend2 patches (no hibernation was involved, this is
straight from boot, to shell, to insert, to dmesg). Celeron CPU 2.00Ghz,
compiled with no APIC, no APIC on in BIOS, and no preempt.

Any clues? I've searched around quite a bit, but results seemed
inconclusive. Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way, and I am
willing to ship a device to a developer if they're willing to work on it
and send it back when they are done with it.

USB ID is 0ACE:1211, rev 48.02. Obtainable from 'wifi-link.com'

--chris

usb 5-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
ieee80211: 802.11 data/management/control stack, git-1.1.13
ieee80211: Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Intel Corporation
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
usb 5-7: firmware version 0x4330 and device bootcode version 0x4802 differ
usb 5-7: USB control request for firmware upload failed. Error number -110
zd1211rw 5-7:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -110
usb 5-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
usb 5-7: device descriptor read/64, error -110