Daniel Drake wrote:
> Ulrich pointed out that trendware have released a new device (Trendware
> Trendnet TEW-429UF)
> http://www.trendware.com/products/TEW-429UF.htm
> This device is based on ZD1211 and includes a hotspot finder, as well as
> 512mb (R/W) flash memory.
> Another interesting point is that it is not advertised to support
> 802.11a. All devices which include a hotspot finder which we have
> previously known about are AL7230B-based, which means they support 802.11a.

Is that a typo above? AL2230? If not, I have already reported to the
list on the Hawking HWL2 which is based on the zd211 + AL2230. These are
currently available in the UK at two for around £25 including VAT
(ebay), so they are very cheap. Is that around $14 before taxes? Or
around $28 if you want just one. Mind you, you can also find it offered
at around $150!