Hi Daniel,

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:53:08 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Hi Matthieu,
>
> Matthieu CASTET wrote:
>> According to usb guru it seems a usb host problem that hang the driver.
>> I am using the device on usb1.0 with no more problem.
>
> Can you direct us towards the discussion where it was decided that this
> is a USB host problem?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=116006290910133&w=2 [1]

Daniel Lindenaar got the same ehci controller than me : a VIA one.

> Is there a patch? Downgrading to USB 1.0 is not
No.
I tried a patch in 2.6.19 git tree that address some echi via hardware bug,
but it didn't solve the problem.

> an acceptable fix.
>
> Please report this at http://bugzilla.kernel.org (assign to me) so that
> we can track this easier.

Ok, I need to remember my bugzilla login ;)

Thanks

Matthieu

[1]
Probably the hardware errors in the controller were too severe for the
driver to handle.

I think you should stop using that EHCI controller.  Buy a cheap add-on
PCI USB controller card.