Hi,

With help from Johannes Berg, I've been working on reverse engineering
the firmware to try and understand the instruction format. Assuming we
can figure out all of the instructions, the end result is that we'll be
able to produce an open source firmware.

So far I've built up a partial understanding of 4 instructions. I have
produced a home-grown disassembler and a lex+yacc-based assembler. In
the disassembled format, unrecognised code (i.e. instructions outside of
the 4 I understand) is stored as blobs of data for now.

Right now this is only for developers interested in figuring out the
instruction format. The utilities are hacked together and probably easy
to crash, patches accepted! Also I would appreciate it if someone could
convert it from byacc to bison. My knowledge of the instruction format
is documented in notes.txt

The disassembler and assembler can complete a round-trip on the vendor
firmware, meaning that experimentation to discover instruction meaning
should be relatively easy (as jump offsets can be changed, but remember
not to increase total firmware length).

http://dsd.object4.net/git/zdofw.git/
http://dsd.object4.net/git/?p=zdofw.git;a=summary