Hi Guennadi,

Luis Rodriguez said some time ago, that he will start to write
a descape version, but we haven't seen any code so far. I agree
with Johannes that this is the way to go forward and will result
in faster results, because all drivers supporting descape will
benefit of it.

I'm planning now for some time to work on it. But keep in mind
that this is a hobby and my day-time job doesn't leave me a lot
of time. It would be unfair to you to give you any commitments or
timelines.

I have not done a lot of softmac hacking, so I cannot give any
recommendations how to implement roaming on it.
You are probably now the developer with the best experience to do it.
Maybe it would help if you would provide your patches, at least you
could get some hints from Johannes, Daniel or others, who have
actually done some hacking on softmac.

Cheers,

Uli

Am 23.11.2006 um 16:42 wrote Guennadi Liakhovetski:

> Hi all
>
> I posted to the linux-netdev list a question about the status of the
> roaming support under softmac. I've got a reply, saying, yes, all the
> problems that I've described still hold (basically, no roaming
> support),
> solution would be either to implement them in softmac (not advised
> due to
> switching to d80211 stack), or port zd1211 to d80211... So, my
> question
> here is - are there any porting efforts currently active? If yes -
> what's
> the status? If not and if no soon progress should be expected - does
> anybody have ideas how one can teach softmac to roam? We have
> implemented
> it already locally, but our actual implementation seems to have some
> problems...
>
> Thanks
> Guennadi
> ---------------------------------