Hi All,

I just wanted to report my experiences running different drivers on a
debian/nslu2 system, little endian version with kernel 2.6.18. The device is
Zonet ZEW2501 using a zd1211b chip. In all cases below I use wpa_supplicant
to connect to a wpa2 psk access point.

Using the zd1211rw driver:
- connects fine
- performance is very low - around 70-80kilobytes/s
- driver works reliably (does not hang)
- does not work after rebooting

Using the zd1211-r83 driver:
- connects fine
- performace fine at the beginning
- the driver hangs after a while - which is already known
- seems to work after rebooting

Using the zydas/atheros driver ver. 2_15_0_0 (ZD1211LnxDrv_2_15_0_0.tar.gz):
- connects fine
- performance fine - around 1700kilobytes/s
- need to use patched wpa_supplicant from atheros
- driver works reliably (does not hang)
- does not work after rebooting

Some of this is already known, but I hope this information may be still useful
for some. My main question is why the zd1211rw performance is so low? Is
there a way to debug this problem?

Thanks,
Arek