Linus git kernel, 2.6.20-rc1+
patched softmac for work queue changes
Ubuntu Edgy
WEP encryption

ifup eth1
Won't start the network, if I look in dmesg
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
ifup will timeout after a while because it can't get a DCHP addres

If I set the essid manually everything works
iwconfig eth1 essid Smirl
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:0f:b5:5e:98:26
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1: link becomes ready

Essid is set correctly in /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet dhcp
address 192.168.1.66
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

auto eth0

iface eth1 inet dhcp
wireless-essid Smirl
wireless-key FFFFFFFFFF

auto eth1

I have the problem with both zd1211rw in the kernel tree and the one from
http://www.deine-taler.de/zd1211/zd1211.git wireless-dev

It seems like it need to be set twice before the essid sticks.

Using the 2.1 firmware from SF. I can't get reboot to work with 2.2 firmware.

--
Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]