I have a ZyXel AG-225H which supports 802.11a.  The driver required some
minor patches to work with 802.11a; they can be found in this mailing list.
At the time no one else seemed interested so I'd guess there's pretty much
no one using 802.11a (but that's why I use it!  open channels!)

I believe this device is discontinued; I picked up mine used (LCD was
slightly damaged, but I'm using it as a client and not a hotspot finder, so
I don't care)