It looks like 802.11a is broken in the r83 tarball (at least; I hadn't used
the driver earlier).  It scans and finds the 802.11a APs but reports them
(with iwpriv) as M-AP instead of A-AP, and won't connect to them.  I realize
I'm probably the only person in the world who actually uses 802.11a, but I
have hopes that someone else has found and fixed this anyway.  Hardware is a
ZyXel AG-225, works fine with B and G.

Sent from the zd1211-devs forum at Nabble.com.