XtSI wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently bougth a MSI WLAN Stick (US54SE). The reason was to exchange an
> old DLINK DWL-120 11 MBit Interface that gave me an maximum of 2 MBit/s.
> It is running on an EPIA M10000 board with kernel 2.6.18-2.
> Airoha AL2230S_RF
> zd1211:Mixed Mode

The AL2230S is very new and I'm eagerly trying to get my hands on one.
Will follow up in a private mail.

I'm not sure about your problems with the vendor driver, but zd1211rw is
  incorrectly detecting these RFs as AL2230 and it is no surprise it is
not working well there (zd1211rw has no code to support AL2230S). This
will change in the near future when I have one to develop with.