On Monday 01 October 2007 21:54, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Atheros sent me a new driver. The most significant change is a new
> firmware version which fixes the disconnect problem when you run "lsusb"
> or "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices". Yay!
>
> I will roll out new firmware for zd1211rw soon.
>
> http://dsd.object4.net/zd1211-vendor/releases/ZD1211LnxDrv_2_21_0_0.tar.gz
>
> This driver is unsupported by me -- it probably doesn't compile on
> recent kernels, as usual. If you need support, ask on the list and hope
> that someone responds. Please don't email me directly (I won't reply).

Just to let you now,
 just installed the "brand new" opensuse 10.3 with 2.6.22 kernel on a medion
laptop using the zd1211b.
because of the "old" kernel and the UW2453 RF i could not use the default
zd1211rw kernel module :-(

but this release came just in time . the previous version
didn't compile anymore :-(

this new release compiles on my system and wireless access is
up and running :-)