Bryan Donlan wrote:
> I've retried using 2.6.23.12 (and this time I remembered to install
> the firmware), but still no go. I've attached dmesg with SoftMAC and
> zd1211rw debug on full. Again I'm able to scan for networks (although
> some show as essid="<hidden>", the one I'm trying to connect to shows
> up properly), but I can't associate. wavemon shows 0 for RX and all
> signal levels.

It's not clear what's going wrong, there does not seem to be any
response to the association request. As the next step you could try the
vendor driver, or you could run another wireless device in monitor mode
and watch the traffic. Is the association request from the device
"hitting the air"? Is the access point sending an association response
to the device?