Hallo,

I bought a TL-WN322G manufactured by TP-Link. This device has a
ZyDAS-Chipset and is recognized by zd1211rw as a supported device.
Nevertheless, I encounter a problem using it. If I try to call iwlist wlan1
scan to scan for available APs, iwlist complains that the network was down.
Using ifconfig wlan1 up to manually bring the device up results in an error
message reading SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device.
The complete dmesg output from plugging in the device until the above error
message reads as follows:

usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
usb 2-2: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
phy1: Selected rate control algorithm 'pid'
zd1211rw 2-2:1.0: phy1

(This is the point where I issued the ifconfig wlan1 up command)

firmware: requesting zd1211/zd1211b_ub
firmware: requesting zd1211/zd1211b_uphr
zd1211rw 2-2:1.0: RF MAXIM_NEW_RF 0x8 is not supported

I hope someone is able to help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance,
J. Pietron