I am pleased to tell the Allnet ALL0298 ALLSPORT USB WLAN Finder
vid:pid 0ace:a211 seems to run like a charme in Linux
after patching the sources as described in
Several gigabytes were transferred using Debian lenny (testing) using an
11g WPA2-PSK connection.

Let me know if there are other tests that should be run.

On a side note: http://zd1211.wiki.sourceforge.net mentions that device
as vid:pid 0ace:a215 while mine is listed as "Unknown zd1211 device".