Hin-Tak Leung <hintak_leung <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Well, if the vendor driver 2.22.00 works with 2.6.12, you can grab my patch
set (sorry it is 'pathset' in the
> web location - I made a mistake in May and haven't fixed it yet):
> http://htl10.users.sourceforge.net/ZD1211LnxDrv_2_22_0_0_2009May_pathset/
>
> which would take you up to 2.6.29. I haven't tried 2.6.30 as I already moved
to the vendor driver 3.0 by then.
> You need the other patch set
>
> http://htl10.users.sourceforge.net/LinuxUSB_AR2524-3.0.0.56_2009May_pathset/
> to take you up to 2.6.29, and the last one (attached) to take you to 2.6.30..
It may also work for the 2.22
> driver but I haven't tried, but it will at least give you some ideas if you
like to make the vendor 2.22 driver

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mcgrof/zd1211/LinuxUSB_AR2524-3.0.0.56.tgz

> Hmm, the firmware upload problem seems to have come up from time to time...
>
> if either versions of the vendor drivers work (but the rw driver does not) I
like to know. You will need to set
> up the blacklist to stop udev from autoloading kernel modules, but presumably
you already know that.

Ok, finally managed with the help of a friend to compile the vender driver
3.0.0.56 with the mips 2.6.30 kernel i use here.
Here is a patch that was needed to get it finally compiled under 2.6.30.
http://pastebin.com/m17687d4e

Firmware Upload works !!!  and interface comes up as ath0.

But: looks like the driver doesnt work or like my WPA-Supplicant 0.6.9

Here is a Bootlog and outputs that come:  http://pastebin.com/m232e0dfa

Network Configuration:
cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto ath0
iface ath0 inet dhcp
        wpa-driver wext
        wpa-debug-level 3
        wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

cat /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
network={
        ssid="MyNetwork"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        proto=WPA RSN
        pairwise=CCMP TKIP
        group=CCMP TKIP
        psk="MyPassword"
}

This configuration works flawless with an other machine and a ath5k mini-pci
card or on the same machine with an rt73usb stick running wpa-supplicant 0.6.9
and the wext driver.

Any Idea ?

regards

Mladen