This kind of lines up with the templating work that I've been working on.
First with binpac_quickstart, I just made the name uppercase:
https://github.com/grigorescu/binpac_quickstart/blob/master/templates/plugin_cc.jinja2#L8

The new version, CookieCutter (
https://github.com/esnet/cookiecutter-zeekpackage), is a bit more
intelligent. Uses the pretty name first, then slugifies it when needed.

> "project_name": "Evil Bit Checker",
> "project_slug": "{{ cookiecutter.project_name.lower().replace(' ',
> "project_short_description": "Checks for the evil bit being set",

I want to be careful to not add any extra hoops for the developer, but to
make reasonable defaults be the easiest path forward, in the hopes that
more people will choose those.

  --Vlad