Great summary, thanks Robin.

On 8/31/20 2:14 AM, Robin Sommer wrote:
- zkg:
- Could we add a way to "prime" zkg's package cache so that a Zeek
       distribution could distribute a snapshot of "zeek-packages" for
       direct use; but zkg would still pull in updates if online access
       is available?

Related to this, I was wondering about zkg's status as an affiliated project ... if we strengthen the notion of packages from the core distribution, we may want to ensure zkg can be available from the outset (as a core component)?

I tried to look at some equivalents in other environments ... for example, it looks like when you install Python/Ruby from the official tarballs you get pip/gem out of the box.

Best,
Christian