2009/11/20 Seif Lotfy <s...@lotfy.com>:
> if u insert 50 events and all are the same do we want to get a list of 50
> identical ids or just a list with one id in it?

50. The IDs need to be returned in the same position in the lists as
the corresponding event was in the list you passed to InsertEvents
when calling it,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3

--
Dont' raise an exception when a duplicate event is detected
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/485433

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: New

Bug description:
19:52 <RainCT> thekorn: raising an exception on "Duplicate event detected" is
evil
19:53 <RainCT> thekorn: tell me how you want recent.py to work this way
19:53 <thekorn> RainCT, catch this exception
19:54 <RainCT> thekorn: doesn't help, if I'm sending 50 event and event 10 is
already there then events 11-50 won't get inserted
19:55 <thekorn> RainCT, ok, so the only problem is when you are importing the
existing history?
19:55 <RainCT> thekorn: no, with the current one too, because recent.py doesn't
know when the last run was
19:55 <thekorn> RainCT, let's open a "critical" bugreport for it
19:56 <thekorn> this has to be discussed and needs more thoughts
19:56 <RainCT> (we should workaround that in some way but still the Zeitgeist
API not allowing this is a problem)