Most of our messages are logging and debug messages that in my opinion should
not be even translated.
Manifestation and Interpretation are part of an ontology and our own set of
rules and conventions that should be translated by apps however not by us.
Correct me if I am wrong please so we can clarify the status of this bug.

** Changed in: zeitgeist

--
I18N of zeitgeist
Zeitgeist-Engine, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Engine.

Status in Zeitgeist Engine: Confirmed

Bug description:
zeitgeist is using gettext for I18N in various places, but its usage is
inconsistent. A quick grep with `grep -R -E "[^\_]\_{1}\(" .` shows we are
using gettext for:
 - some logging messages
 - the name and description of the FF DataProvider
 - display name of Content and Source objects in our datamodel (real gettext
support is not implemented yet)

Thinking about this three items a bit I think none of them make sense at all.
Logging is for debugging purposes, in the future we will ask our user to add a
log file to a bugreport. If the logging messages are translated to a random
language we will hardly understand the content. Translating the display name of
Content and Source object also makes no sense, instead of this it should be
done by the client. This way one database can be accessed with different
language settings. And if we agree on the last two arguments, it also makes
less sense for the last item.

But just in case I'm missing the point here, and we decide to have I18N support
in zeitgeist we should decide which parts we would exactly like to translate,
and dig trough the code to add language support to related elements
consistently.

Markus