Thinks changed alot since this bug was reported, e.g. we are loading the
symbols from our ontology. This ontology is entirely untranslated. We
need a smart way to translate the ontology. Can this be done in the
definition of the ontology itself?

** Changed in: zeitgeist
    Milestone: 0.3.1 => None

--
I18N of zeitgeist
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/397715

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
zeitgeist is using gettext for I18N in various places, but its usage is
inconsistent. A quick grep with `grep -R -E "[^\_]\_{1}\(" .` shows we are
using gettext for:
 - some logging messages
 - the name and description of the FF DataProvider
 - display name of Content and Source objects in our datamodel (real gettext
support is not implemented yet)

Thinking about this three items a bit I think none of them make sense at all.
Logging is for debugging purposes, in the future we will ask our user to add a
log file to a bugreport. If the logging messages are translated to a random
language we will hardly understand the content. Translating the display name of
Content and Source object also makes no sense, instead of this it should be
done by the client. This way one database can be accessed with different
language settings. And if we agree on the last two arguments, it also makes
less sense for the last item.

But just in case I'm missing the point here, and we decide to have I18N support
in zeitgeist we should decide which parts we would exactly like to translate,
and dig trough the code to add language support to related elements
consistently.

Markus