2009/11/27 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamst...@gmail.com>:
> It can be simply done fully client side by using FindEventIds like
> so:

Yes, there is even a comment in the source code saying this. I added
it as a convenience method for C applications (where getting it isn't
as easy as from Python), but I'm OK with removing it.

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3

--
GetHighestTimestampForActor is superfluous
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/489186

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description:
The method GetHighestTimestampForActor is superfluous as far as I can tell. It
can be simply done fully client side by using FindEventIds like so:

template = Event.new_for_values(actor="gedit")
ids = FindEventIds(TimeRange.until_now(), [template], StorageState.Any, 1,
ResultType.MostRecentEvents)
highest_timestamp_for_gedit = GetEvents(ids)[0].timestamp

If I am right about this then I think we should remove it from the DBus API an
simply implement a convenience method in ZeitgeistClient.