> As far as I can see the way you do it would be meen that you consider
> two events related if there are no other events in between?

No, what the timestamps do is consider the stuff in-between of each
occurrence of the subject as a "set" (taking a look at the Wikipedia
article on "Apriori" may help understand how it works, although what's
used here isn't really the same).

I think I'd be interesting to use both this and your suggestion
together, so that instead of looking for everything between timestamp1
and timestamp2 we'd look for everything from timestamp1 to timestamp1+X
and from timestamp2-X to timestamp2. The problem with this is that I may
open a PDF (triggering a VisitEvent), look at it for half an hour (where
half an hour > X), switch to Firefox and read up some related topics for
another big amount of time and go back to the PDF. The relationship
between the PDF and the websites would be ignored with this approach.

--
"apriori": get most used (websites/notes/documents/etc...)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/494288

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description:
We have a branch with the 1-step apriori algorithm built.
Right now it throws out the most used items with another item
We should make it configurable to be able to ask for most used interpretations
of items with other items
This way we can for example ask for most used "websites" with document X
etc....
what do u think?