I'm re-opening this since I've finally found the cause of this problem!

When events are deleted, interpretations/manifestations/mimetypes/etc.
which are no longer used are automatically removed from the database.
However, the cache isn't informed about this and until Zeitgeist is
restarted it'll continue using the IDs of the deleted rows for new

(I'm setting the importance down since a workaround for the problem is
already deployed).

** Changed in: zeitgeist

** Changed in: zeitgeist

  Invalid cache access (was: Error when trying to fetch items)

  When i try to fetch all items in one query i get

  Error from Zeitgeist engine: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.KeyError: Traceback
(most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/service.py", line 702, in
      retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/remote.py", line 254, in
      event_templates, storage_state, num_events, result_type, sender))
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/main.py", line 378, in
      return self._find_events(1, *args)
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/main.py", line 366, in
      return self.get_events(rows=result, sender=sender)
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/main.py", line 188, in
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/main.py", line 160, in
      getattr(self, "_" + field).value(row["subj_" + field]))
    File "/usr/local/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/sql.py", line 422, in
      return self._inv_dict[id]
  KeyError: 138

  This looks serious