** Changed in: zeitgeist

  zeitgeist DEBUG log messages appearing in zeitgeist log - should be

Status in The Ubuntu Power Consumption Project:
  In Progress
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Fix Released
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “zeitgeist” source package in Precise:

Bug description:
  While trying to identify rogue processes that periodically write log
  data unnecessarily I identified that zeitgeist is appending DEBUG
  messages to the /home/$user/.cache/zzeitgeist/daemon.log  (see
  attached log).

  Logging messages to a debug log is useful, however on production
  release code I don't expect to see DEBUG messages being written to log

  1.  If they are for debugging only then they should be inhibited in
production quality code.
  2.  Unnecessary debug messages to logs cause additional unwanted writes to
the disk - when on battery power this can cause laptops to spin drives up and
waste power.

  Since we are trying to reduce the power consumption I am requesting
  that debug messages are not written to this log unless debug is
  explicitly turned on.

  How to reproduce:

  On an installed system observe the daemon.log get DEBUG messages
  appended to it over time.  Occurs on idle and non-idle systems.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: zeitgeist 0.8.2-1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-14-generic x86_64