@Raffaele: Yes. It should be most easy to integrate Tracker as a lens on
its own or simply as a scope in the files lens. Honestly, with all the
buzz, I am surprised that no one has done so yet. My guess would be that
it could be done in less than 100 lines of Python

  not all files show up in files-place

Status in Unity:
Status in Unity 2D:
Status in Unity Files Lens:
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources:
Status in “unity-lens-files” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “unity-place-files” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  The Unity interface, with its files-place feature for user access to
  files/documents etc. is really great.

  However there is a problem since the search feature relies wholly on
  zeitgeist (AFAIK), in the zeitgeist is not tracking everything.

  E.g. in openoffice, I create a new file (or open an existing one) from
  within openoffice itself. This file does not show up, presumably
  because openoffice does not (yet) push its activity to zeitgeist.

  I guess any number of other programs could suffer the same problem.

  For the average user, this is surely going to be confusing. They will
  create documents via legitimate means ('New ...' buttons in their
  applications), and then expect to be able to search for them in the
  Unity files-place interface.

  To avoid this confusion I would guess there really needs to be a
  filesystem watcher on the home dir (or key folders within it) so that
  zeitgeist is aware of activity caused by non-zeitgeist-aware

  (See also bug 897393, about warning users that the search doesn't
  search all files.)